Let protecting our environment be your legacy to the world.
There is no better way to protect future generations than to leave a gift in your will to Environmental Defence. Your legacy gift will help us continue protecting our shared environment and human health.
Protecting the environment will always be critical to the health and well-being of all living creatures. Today, with unprecedented heat waves, raging wildfires and flooding, it has never been more important to fight for serious climate action.
“We chose to provide Environmental Defence with a legacy donation because we felt it would be an ideal long-term investment in two issues that are important to us: a healthy urban environment and a rural habitat for Canada’s flora and fauna. And just as important was the fact that their strategy of identifying specific opportunities to protect the environment and then doing solid research into them, developing insightful positions on them, building awareness of them and mobilizing coalitions behind them works.“
—Linda and Bill Saul, Toronto and East Garafraxa, Ontario
And it’s easy to make a legacy gift (bequest). You just need to specify in your will that you are leaving a gift to Environmental Defence Canada. There are many ways to leave a legacy gift to a charity. The following list is in the order of simplicity for the receiving charity:
Why leave a legacy gift in your will?
- Giving a set dollar amount
- Giving a percentage of your estate (after all debts, taxes, expenses, and other bequests have been distributed)
- Transferring ownership of a paid life insurance policy (valued at the cash surrender value)
- Gift of RRSP or RRIF
- Gift of stock, bond or mutual fund
- Gift of real estate
- Gift of any asset (artwork etc)
- Naming EDC as a beneficiary in your will allows you to make a meaningful yet significant gift, helping you create your legacy for a better future of Canada.
- You will make environmental protection part of your life story.
- There are significant tax benefits for your estate.
- Your estate will receive a tax credit for the full value of the gift, which will help maximize the value of your residual estate for your beneficiaries.
Information you will need to include in your will to leave a gift to Environmental Defence:
Legal Name: Environmental Defence Canada Inc.
Charity Number: #11883 0835 RR0001
33 Cecil Street, 1st Floor, Toronto, Ontario M5T 1N1
If you are thinking of a legacy gift to Environmental Defence or would like more information before you make your decision, please submit the form on this page.